Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm Sorry.

3 years later.
I can finally see things from your point of view. I was going through an uncomfortable phase, the bitchy teeny weeny phase. I poured useless emotions upon you. I pushed you away often without reason, to see you care. I know why you broke up with me now. Why date a child that's thousands of miles away? One you've never met? Why waste your youth on a little girl you'll never meet?
It's a sad thought overall. I had devoted so much to you, but I had also grown and mature with you. I realized towards the end I became a bit harsh and I just wanted to apologize for that.
Now, it's not like I'm not over you because believe me, I am. It's more like I'm not over what we had been and what we could have been. I ponder once in a while over what it would be like if we had never gotten to that stage and that's when I break down because of the past you and the child-like me. When I refer back to you, I think of the sheltered Chinese boy with glasses that would be all about education and chess. Now, if I were to see you in the streets, we'd be strangers without a second glance. It's not that we hate each other, it's more like we don't care. Our paths had intersected, but the intersection's gone now. But you've change as well towards the end of our relationship. You grew assertive and avoided possible connections with me. You had that ambitiousness feelings of going out and getting social. We both change, possibly for the better or worst. Nobody will ever know.