Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Desired Family Members.

I plan on adopting dogs in the future and these are the breeds I'm considering. If anybody knows a reputable person that are selling any of these breeds please message me (except the pit bull because I am willing to adopt from pounds/shelters which are full of homeless doggies). I plan on living alone, maybe with my future spouse but I do not plan on having kids so that should not be an issue with these type of breeds however I will be having felines and other small canines as part of the family. I am looking to adopt anywhere from the ages of 7 weeks - 2 years.
Note: I am wanting a guard dog but he/she has be able to "socialize" with other people and dogs. By socialize I mean be able to stay calm and not attack, kill, chase them on sight.

Pit bull
Pros: Territorial. Well with children. OK in apartments.
Cons: Prone to hip dysplasia, hereditary cataracts, allergies to grass and congenital heart disease. Average shedder. 















Tamaskan
Pros: Balanced temperament
Cons: Not a good guard dog because of friendliness. Stubborn.






Czech Wolfdog
Pros: Learns easily. Does not bark often so traditional training may take some time. Healthy; prone to hip problems.
Cons: Should live in a climate that's not too hot.Temperamental. Sheds often and heavily. 







Japanese Akita (NOT AMERICAN)
Pros: "First class guard dog". OK in apartments.
Cons: Prone to thyroid, hip, immune, and skin health problems.










Malinois(Belgian Shepard)
Pros: Territorial, obedient. OK in apartments. Has only minor health problems such as skin allergies, eye problems, excessive shyness, excessive aggressiveness and occasionally hip dysplasia and elbow dysplasia. Light shedder. 
Cons: Prefers cool climate. Becomes destructive if bored. Not well with non-canine animals.