Thursday, February 14, 2013

I ask why.

Why must there be tension, why can't we be friends, why can't we get along.
Must there be so much resentment and anger?
I want to say I'm sorry, not because everything is entirely my fault but so we could just make up and not have anymore ill feelings. Is it worth standing my ground? I find myself asking myself from time to time if I should come forward and make peace. I don't know what to do.
Thought about delivering flowers to him but I stopped myself short. Why am I doing this? I'm just setting myself up. I'd rather throw away the flowers myself rather than have him smash them around then toss it in the trash without a second glance. A waste that'll hurt less than an effort that'll mean nothing.

Almost done with the scarf! As crimson and bright as my love, as alive as this heart of mine, and as hateful as his dislike for red. I gave up on the booties I started for you, I'm sorry love. Mommy's no good with little feet. Four different guys want to spend Valentines day with me - after an eight hour shift. Sigh. Can't wait for February 15th - cheap chocolate for myself to indulge in.
Still in the process of the scarf.