Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Draft 1

Linh Dieu Lam
Samantha Bell
Honors COMP I
26 August 2014

I could not continue living without him, or so I believed. I found myself in him, so losing him meant losing me as well. No one suspected that I would be dumped by him. They all thought it would be the other way around since it seemed as though I yield power in the relationship. What they didn’t realize is that he wasn’t perfect either. He would scream, scoff, growl, throw and bangs things violently, and kept me crying in his room – begging him to let me leave.

But I still loved him. Now, how would a 16 year old know what love truly was? What is the difference between infatuation and love? What is love to begin with? I’m still not sure but I knew I loved him. If the very thing that completes me doesn’t love me anymore, what was I to do?

I relied completely on him. He was my best friend; he was who I envisioned my future with. He was my mirror. I was even closer to his family than my own. I felt as though my family was too critical and pessimistic so I connected to his with greater ease. Surrounding and submerging myself in him and his life, I lost who I was.

I sunk in the abyss of depression. Everything was tasteless with a hint of bitterness. The world was bleak and silent.