Friday, January 10, 2014

My Excuses.

My personality, my way of thinking has changed a lot. I've grown, maybe even matured in a sense but I'm also bitter, cold, and cynical which may be seen as a primitive trait? I've extended my social circle, avoided the pit falls of ugliness, and recognize the need to be independent and others' need for affection. I can't just hoard love and not return any. In order to obtain any sense of love I must first be comfortable in my own skin, love and accept myself before I can love others.
I'm still hesitant on ever fully committing myself to someone and meeting their family. Quite scary! I don't see a reason to introduce them to my family either if it's not a serious thing because my parents are very irritated and sensitive when it comes to boys now. They don't want me to go through another heartbreak and instead focus upon my education as well as the family. I guess I could say in a way, they forbid it. I'm okay with that because I don't see any importance in dating either because it is my senior year after all, afterwards everyone is moving out and to new places so why even bother starting something if it's only going to end soon or have complications?
My standards or evaluation on a potential mate is pretty rigid but not to the point that I could become a cat lady in the future - although I wouldn't mind that. Even though my evaluation has risen, my part has risen as well. I know that I can't always be a spoiled brat and keep him away from his passion and his friends just because I want him all to myself.
A lot of guys have shown interest in courting me, some of em even throw me by surprise since the other parties and I have been friends for some time and it just never seemed like they had any interest in me or at least when I wasn't single. A lot of guys have definitely been more courageous in confessing their feelings and making moves on me and I'm flattered. I don't see nor really want to commit myself with anyone at the moment, especially if we're not comfortable no matter how attractive the other person is. If I can't fart or poop around them then we're just not cut out to be - at least not yet so friendship is a better route for the moment.
So, to cut it sweet and short or try to make the message a bit clearer. I'm willing to try again but right now is just not the time and the fear of failure is still glaring at me like a red stop light.