Sunday, August 23, 2015

Life lately.

Campus craze was a cool day. Got a lot of freebies and met a lot of new people. I mostly enjoyed the freebies hehe. 
Headed to work as well to make some dough since it was nice. Wasn't too bad, steady flow of clients. Math isn't too difficult either but I've been more attentive, completing my homework everyday and asking questions instead of pushing unsolved problems to the side. Wondering if I should start back up at the restaurant. They're hiring again with an increased of $9/hr + tips which is like super awesome. It was awesome even at $7.25+tips. The only thing is they need week nights and weekends. I absolutely hated working week nights until 11-midnight and having classes the next day at 8AM, plus I work at the shop on weekends. I don't want to overload myself, especially with calculus this year hence I didn't take intermediate Japanese this semester. I like being able to get off work around 7-8PM even if my days are 10 hour shifts because I have time to finish my assignments and get a decent amount of sleep. I'm also planning a trip back to Vietnam during winter break as well since I haven't been back in almost 5 years. It's still uncertain if it'll go through but I hope so. I really want to show him all the delicious, fresh fruit and flavors of Asia. I think he'll definitely love getting 2kg of lychee for less than $2USD and mangosteen for ~$5. If the fruits are in season during then, hope we can snag some! Maybe in Saigon? 
Just bought my first fitness tracker! A vivosmart. Was contemplating between cheaper brands and brand names since I'm not an extreme health junkie but I wanted something that worked? The one I was wearing before counted my arm movements which totaled to +33,000 by 7PM but all day I was stuck in class and driving. I do however, talk with a lot of hand gestures lol. The brands are accurate with the step movements and they have other functions as well which are nice. Fitbit was out of the image. Limited options for a high price that a cheaper basic fitness band could perform. Vivofit had pretty good functions but once I saw that it required batteries - circle cell ones which last a year I knew vivosmart was the one even if it was a bit pricier. I absolutely hate batteries even the rechargeable ones haha. I'm a rechargeable girl so usb of some sort is my thing. It's waterproof so I can go swimming and it plays music. Major bonuses! Can't wait for my goodie to arrive! :D