Thursday, November 5, 2015

First fish.

Schools nearing an end and I still need to meet with a counselor lol. I totally forgot who the nice elderly lady I use to meet up with. I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave yet even though I'm already done with all the possible credits. 
Took the kids trick or treating. Dressed up as a school girl at work and changed into a cow when I took them out. Got chipotle beforehand. Allowed them to TOT from 6pm until 9:30 and I'm disappointed that they didn't get more than they did since we started so early and went for so long. It's okay in a way I guess. I can't even eat 4 pieces of candy in a day and I don't want them to eat too much sweets. Gosh, I'm growing old if I can't even stomach sweets. 
Got my photo taken for my visa, it looks similar to my passport one that was taken last year except I actually have make up on lol. My face looks more bloated though? I can't tell if it's because the person taking it was shorter than me therefore took it from an angle looking up or if I've filled out more than last year haha. 
Baked marinated Atlantic salmon and ahi tuna with a dry rub and butter. The tuna was very soft and flavorful, had a melt in your mouth consistency while the salmon had a more dry, crispy outer layer and savory taste. The salmon was perfected after squeezing a slice of lime or lemon for that extra kick! It was my first time preparing fish but the kids really loved it and my dad and uncle seemed to like it as well. It wasn't difficult but I was pretty puzzled on what to do since I'm not a big fish person besides sushi and fried fillets. 

No make up in my pp since Ami rushed me. 😓
The salmon looks burnt but it's not. The color is because of the dry rub : paprika, black pepper, Ect.