Sunday, March 27, 2016

Lack of unity.

Sometimes I miss his mom, or rather the relationship I had with her. Being invited to family events or just being able to pop in and join last minute. It was a very warm feeling. Having her brush my hair, hug me, and so forth. It was comforting - knowing that I was accepted and family. No awkwardness or tension just tenderness. Everyone accepted me, the cousins made jokes, aunties and uncles would praise how he got such a beaut, and the fact that he never left me side so I never felt lonely or isolated. It was a nice reassurance. One thing that really stuck out was hearing from a third party how he was worried and jealous, his mom comforted him but at the same time stood up for me even though I wasn't present and said that she doesn't believe something like that would ever happen because I'm not that kind of person. That really made me admire her more and have a softer spot for their relationship as well. I miss that, not him but the feeling of being accepted and comfortable among my partner's family.

I don't know why I've been having these conflicting, unsettling emotions. I'm trying hard to be independent, be calm, be cool - unbothered and unaffected by those's actions around me because I have no control nor should I be concerned. I do have certain feelings, emotions towards choices but I hold them in and try to disregard it with other tasks. I have this lump in my throat and a knot in the pit of my belly, I can't seem to be able to disassemble it so I sit and let it marinate until I've run out of oxygen and emotions till a relapse occurs.

What I'm basically doing is untying myself from my partner. In the past I was distant because feelings were not as passionate, but then opinions of how I am not loving and invested convinced me to tie and wrap myself to a person without realizing the consequences and possible self harm it may bring. Unrequited love, unrequited affection, yeah it hurts but what hurts more is the process of reverting that because you still want to maintain a connection while severing it as well - like a rope. You must cut away at it to thin it out but not so much that it strains and snaps. Each cut is like a severe to your heart's fibers. Those who read this will not understand it unless they're emotionally sensitive or experienced it prior. Like a game of tug-a-war but you can't bear to let go or have the other person let go. Your hands burn, your feet is tired, but you don't want to let go, you're not ready for it to end.