Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dreams and Reality.

A majority of people know the story of the little mermaid, Ariel. For those who don't know her, I will give a short snippet. She is a beautiful young lady blessed with an angelic voice and a high status. She defies her father and continues to plunge herself deeper into the world of humans to find out more about this wonderful specie. Falling in love with a human prince based on an interaction she's willing to give up everything, from the flesh and limbs her parents gave her to the prized possession that represented her. She knew nothing of Eric, whether he secretly was bipolar, abusive, or a homosexual but she still gambled on him. Was she naive or an active dreamer? If it did not result in a happy ending, would she have gone down in history as a naive, senseless mermaid instead of passionate, confident mermaid? If Ariel's story ended with her losing to Ursula, wouldn't she just be a pitiful mermaid that betrayed her species and ended up with nothing? Or if Prince Eric was a drunkard who slept around with no intent of marriage? 
In short, if Ariel and Eric did not end up together, would Ariel be seen in a different perspective?

You wouldn't answer a simple question, you told me not to ask why or assume anything. Why did you get worked up over a short question? I forced myself to shut my mouth to stay quiet because I knew nothing I say would appease you. I pushed you away because I had been hurt too many times. Many people have come and gone in my life, some because of stupid reasons others for none whatsoever. I pushed people away because that I got sick and tired of it. I decided to leave before I get hurt. I've realized I've made a mistake though and I'm willing to serve my penance. I pushed the guy I love too far that he decided to walk away. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him. 

During work, my manager made me realize, I need to get back on track with my education. Yes, making dough is nice but after a while the constant routine of serving customers and the low wage will drive me crazy. I've become a workaholic, not because I enjoy the work I preform. I became addicted because it kept my mind focused on other things besides him. The long hours of running and performing repetitive tasks dulled out the pain my heart was undergoing. It also made me lose focus of my education. I must focus on education. I can not slack because I will win him back. Nobody wants a miserable, ugly girl with no motivation. I will become beautiful and dashing. I will make you mine once again. I've gone through so much to be here, I will not lose my chance for success. Gonna dig into my pile of assignments and studying, hwaiting! I will succeed. 

Dear boy, please stop messaging me to call you. If you are going to text me, please talk about something interesting and new, not that you're bored and want me to call you over and over again. I'm not a booty call nor am I interested. No, I will not send you a photo through text. If you want a photo to use as a contact, snap a photo off Facebook but you stated "No, I don't want to do that." Sounds a bit creepy. You're starting to scare me.