Monday, May 20, 2013

Finals Week

Came home around 10:00PM last night. On the way home around Des Moines it stormed and lighting pretty bad. The wind was pretty strong and 6 cars got stranded on the highway and a small car pushed to the railing. Luckily I was in the big 4x4 but we still got pushed from side to side pretty badly. I was already in a bad mood because of the assignments that I need to complete and because of parents and aunt. I dunno but the more time I spend with her the more I grow to dislike and resent her. As a child I admired her high authority aura but now I see it as high maintenance where she expects to be waited on. One of the thing I hate when going back to Vietnam is being expected to hold and do things for my aunts and cousin. No I do not want to hold your bags while you walk around empty handed. Don't pull the filial shit with me because I'm long gone done with that. It's the 21st century and I live in America, not India or Pakistan or wherever that sees women and children as possession/resources. I don't wanna go around taking photos of you, I'm not some kind of paparazzi. It's my camera, mine and I prefer to take photos of myself or someone/thing special on a time I set. I'm not rebellious, I'm just fed up. As a child you simply follow what is told, as you grow and think you see the injustice in life and your tolerance level fluxes. It's my life and the decisions I choose impact me, not you. I must live with it, not you. Hell, I didn't even want to go to Chicago. I dreaded it because I took the weekend off to study and complete finals and save my ass from summer school and the attitudes only make it worse. Went into a cacoon and silently cried from the emotional and mental stress in the car on the way back. To avoid tension I try to keep my distance from her and speak as little as possible. Now I must cram like crazy, and I'm afraid I won't even get everything in with the 21 English Exercises, finish my dress, finish my quilt, math packet, watch two movies for Watergate, Progressive essay, and finish my genetics study guide. I finished my Chapter 34 and 34 textbook reading and completed the online quizzes since I got around 4:00. Ah great, more studying and homework. So hungry..