Monday, June 24, 2013

Because you do no wrong.

I do no right. I can never be the perfect angel you want but then again you never wanted me. I was an issue, an abortion that should have taken place. Never once have you praised my efforts. An award from Topeka, stating that I had wonderful artistic skills, requesting to put my painting on display but you had thrown it away; and that was from kindergarten. You never attended my performances nor award showings yet you make it your priority with the younger ones. Never once have you held me as I cry, never once. The only person I've ever had comfort me, hold me, reassure me with hugs and kisses as I bawl backstabbed and abandoned me. I cringe at the words "Just give me a chance" because with each chance I give they prove my doubts and my faith slips deeper into the abyss.

I don't want to shed tears of hurt over your acidic words or hear lies from the lips that speak such sweet melodies.