Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cheapskate.

My sister showed me a couple episodes of Extreme Cheapskates on Netflix and some of the methods either repulsed me, made me laugh my ass off, or give em kudos for their penny pinching methods. One of the episodes concerned a woman who is a millionaire but is very frugal. She urinates in a bottle and then takes it out to her decomposition to dispose of it but she does flush when she deposits her feces, which is one to two times a day. She also has a limited amount of time for showering, has a timer for her freezer so that it stays on for 12 hours and turns off for 12 hours to save money - not to mention she flips out if anything is plugged in but isn't being used. Another thing was that she goes out into the woods to collect leaves and other leafy greens for a salad which made me think back to my childhood, when my family consisted of just my dad, mama, older sister, and I living at the apartment on Ridgeway. I was always aware of the money issues in the family so I would try to find ways to save and scourge leading me to this wonderfully, cute but funny tale.

I went around the apartment area and pick leaves that appeared cleaned and vivid with no holes, thinking that they were no different from spinach and other leafy greens that were bought from the store. I would take each piece and nibble on them one by one. To my surprise, they tasted bitter and like acidic or maybe it was just the leaves I picked. I thought hey, maybe they'll taste better if I put em in the fridge and so I did. After what seemed like an half an hour to a child but really just be 3 minutes, I took em out. The leaves were dark, but softer and a bit wrinkly or shriveled up from the cold. I taste tested each of them and spit them out in a huff. Sucking on them didn't make em taste any tastier so I threw em to the ground and went inside to eat spinach my mom had bought and prepared from the store. Another story of my penny pinching told by my sister; salted water eggs. So apparently I use to take salt and water and put them into those Easter eggs and hide them in the freezer - to be found by my older sister. Looks like my cheap ways have been embedded in me from a young age! 

So, Mikeo thought I was upset with him yesterday so he was planning to hug me from behind and not let go until I forgave him. So thankful he didn't do that. One, that's awkward and two, that was Corey's thing so anything moves or methods guys try in the book - it's been done and I don't wanna have it done to me again. I'd like to keep those memories separate.