Monday, July 7, 2014

A close friend.

Hi,

We were the best of friends. So close, so secure, and confident in each other. I'm thankful for the friendship you've given me and the happy times. It seems those times have come to an end and I just want to wish you happiness with who you're with. I can't be with you anymore because I would only bring sorrow to your happiness and vice versa. I know you contact me on good intentions, to reconcile, to regain what we had but it can't be that way. Things have changed, people have changed, and too much has happened.
I am possessive by nature. I am selfish, I am jealous, I am hurt. To continue our friendship would be a lie as it has already decayed.  I cannot help but shed tears each time you contact me even though it is in an etiquette manner. I guess I'm just that hurt. Why am I hurt? Why do I behave the way I do? Because I am jealous, because I am all that I claimed. You were a part of me, a close friend that I did not want to share and in return I got hurt. Hurt from shock, hurt from jealousy, hurt from a sense of betrayal. Why do I act the way I do? To push you away so that you'd be happy - away from my negativity and so that I'd be at peace. I am not angry towards you. I am rather disappointed and sadden. I wish you the best in life and I wish for you to have a place of comfort and security where you're at. Maybe we can be friends again in a year, maybe five, or a decade. I don't know but it was a blessing to call you my best friend in the two life long years we shared. Our friendship was special and forever in my heart, irreplaceable.

An acquaintance.